The Weight Loss Project

Welome Ladies!

Welcome Ladies!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's All about Motivation

I've been pondering motivation lately. Here's what I came up with...

Would you eat a handful of worms? What if someone would give you, say, twenty dollars? Would you do it? Maybe not? What if they offered you one million dollars? Ok, a lot of us might do it, but there are still some who wouldn't. What if by doing this, it would save your child's life? Would you do it then? Probably without hesitation.

With the right incentive we could do almost anything, truly. I'm a firm believer of that.

So, what would motivate you to exercise? A trip to Europe? Having another baby? Someone taking you out to lunch every week? A shopping spree?

You get the point... what would be the right incentive to make you WANT to exercise every day? (It's different for everybody.)

I asked myself this and decided that I REALLY wanted a nice treadmill. For that, I would be willing to workout six days a week. So I talked to my hubby about my idea and he thought that it was a good idea.

So if I exercise every day, except for Sundays and vacations, until my birthday, I'll get a treadmill. I'm committed because I really, really want a treadmill.

And guess what? I've been exercising every day for 2 months now. I have 4 1/2 more months to go, but it's worth it to me. It took me awhile to get back into the groove of exercising every day, but now that I am, I can't imagine not exercising six days a week. I feel good about myself. You will too. If you're not exercising regularly, will you find something that would motivate you enough to do it?

Cheers,
Elena

P.S. Thanks for the feedback, Hannah. It motivates me to keep writing blog entries. Good luck with your running and DON'T GIVE UP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment