The Weight Loss Project

Welome Ladies!

Welcome Ladies!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Power of Distraction

I've taken some time off from my blog. Sorry 'bout that folks. Been distracted lately. Speaking of which, it's interesting to note how we distract ourselves when we exercise.

Some people listen to music. Others who workout at home or the gym watch TV or movies.

I think those are awesome ideas... except for me, most of the time, those aren't good enough to make me feel the intensity of the workout less and not feel bored. So what did I decided to do?

Well, it happened by accident. I was trying to get one of my workouts done on my cheap, little elliptical when someone called. I ended up chatting over 20 minutes, and before I knew it, my workout was over!

Now, I've mentioned this to a few people and they said, "How can you talk on the phone and exercise?" Well, for one, I wouldn't be able to do this on a treadmill, but with my elliptical I can. Secondly, while it's true that I can't talk as easily because of my workout, that just makes me a better listener on the phone. Doesn't matter if I'm talking or listening, there's something about being in a conversation that distracts the mind... and for me that's enough to get me through my painfully boring workouts.

So, if you happen to receive a call from me in the morning hours, it may just be that I'm exercising too. *smile*

Current weight: 168
Total pound lost: 12
Weeks exercising: 8 (2 months)

Current Measurements:
Bust: 40 1/2
Ribs: 36
Waist:39
Hips: 41
Thighs: 42

Total inches lost: 7.5" YAY!!!
The places where I lost the most inches: bust and thighs

No comments:

Post a Comment